[vdr] NPTL causes crashes during playback [Was 1.3.27 with NPTL: always crashes at shutdown]

Richard Wall m-lists at the-moon.net
Wed Jul 6 12:06:47 CEST 2005

Ville Skyttä wrote:
> 1.3.27 doesn't seem quite NPTL ready, it always crashes at shutdown here
> on Fedora Core 4 (IIRC also on FC3 and 1.3.2x the last time I tried).
> No such problems when setting LD_ASSUME_KERNEL=2.4.1.  The backtrace I'm
> able to obtain looks pretty much useless, but always practically the
> same, here goes anyway:

VDR (1.3.27) has recently been crashing frequently during playback of
recordings. First sign is that VDR stops responding to remote control
(ie no OSD on remote press) then shortly afterwards VDR crashes.

I am running an uptodate system ( Debian SID, kernel 2.6.12-mm2, em8300
cvs, vdr-dxr3-0.2.3-cvs20050622 )

Setting LD_ASSUME_KERNEL=2.4.1 seems to have fixed the problem.

-RichardW.