[vdr] NPTL causes crashes during playback [Was 1.3.27 with NPTL: always crashes at shutdown]

Richard Wall m-lists at the-moon.net
Wed Jul 6 16:03:32 CEST 2005

On 06/07/05 11:42 Ludwig Nussel wrote:
> Richard Wall wrote:
>>VDR (1.3.27) has recently been crashing frequently during playback of
>>recordings. First sign is that VDR stops responding to remote control
>>(ie no OSD on remote press) then shortly afterwards VDR crashes.

> Does it also happen if you remove the sleep in cDvbPlayer?
> http://www.suse.de/~lnussel/vdr/vdr-1.3.25-dvbplayer-nosleep.diff

It doesn't crash, but the osd / remote stop responding after a while.
Using LD_ASSUME_KERNEL=2.4.1 it works fine. Oh well.

Does that patch change the way the recordings are ordered. Seems to me
that since applying it any % prefixes are ignored. Or perhaps I just
hadn't noticed before.

Thanks.

-RichardW.