[vdr] VDR in other rooms

Leo Márquez leo at calidae.net
Fri Jul 8 14:12:17 CEST 2005

Hi
I'm setting up my VDR box with softdevice using the s-video connector of
my epia board.
When finish I want to use VDR in other rooms of my house.
The house has coaxial cable net with connectors in all rooms. Trought
this network I receive the analogic tv channels and this kind of
installation is used to redistribute the vhs recorder signals sat
decoders, etc.
With VDR how can I get this without losing quality in my principal TV
(saloon)?
The remote signal have solved with a wireless ir sender.
If possible I would use standar tv's(antena signal) because I already
have one in the kitchen but ....
Do you recommend me vdr clients ? I think this solution is more powerful
than tv's but more expensive.
What minimal hardware is needed to make a vdr client for only play and
live tv, not recording?

Thanks