[vdr] [ANNOUNCE] savechannel plugin

Luca Olivetti luca at ventoso.org
Sat Jul 9 16:24:28 CEST 2005

Due do many plugin and many patches, my vdr from time to time crashes.
This isn't a big problem since it restarts, *but*, since it hadn't the
opportunity to save setup.conf, it will restart on a different channel
than the one where it crashed. This really annoyed me (moreso if the
other channel was on a different satellite at the opposite end of the
arc ;-), and I wanted vdr to save the channel every time it changes, in
a different file to avoid unnecessarily saving setup.conf.
Instead of patching vdr, I made a really simple and dumb plugin to
accomplish it.
You can find it at
http://club.telepolis.com/l.o/vdr/vdr-savechannel-0.0.1.tgz

Bye