[vdr] [ANNOUNCE] vdradmin-0.97-am3.3

C.Y.M syphir at syphir.sytes.net
Thu Jul 14 10:49:43 CEST 2005

Andreas Mair wrote:
> Hi,
>

>>Thanks for the "-playlist" tip, that works great with streaming live tv
>>with mplayer.  But, when I try to stream a recording, mplayer appears to
>>try and play a file locally.  Does streaming a recording only work from
>>the localhost?
>

> No, but you have to configure VDRAdmin correctly:
> Go to the configuration menu of VDRAdmin. You'll find two settings for Video
> folder. One for VDR's video folder (e.g. /video) and one for your client PC
> for streaming. Here you have to supply the path where your PC can access
> VDR's recording. Please also consider viewing the online help.

Thanks, Andreas.  I should RTFM better :). I was just trying to see if I could
map a directory to a Windows PC using Samba, but it looks like its using 8.3
(shortname) dir listings which causes it to fail.  Thats ok.  I appreciate the
clarifications.  NFS would be the best solution.

Best Regards,
C.