[vdr] Couple of suggestions for VDR (1.3.27+)

Seppo Ingalsuo seppo.ingalsuo at iki.fi
Fri Jul 15 21:43:51 CEST 2005

Pasi Juppo wrote:

> #1 Split runvdr to two files: one for kernel series 2.4 and one for
> 2.6. Current runvdr needs to be modified before it is usable in 2.6.

The scripts / vdr daemon code found in Darren Salt's VDR Debian
package(s) are quite nice imho. I'd be happy to see something like that
in vdr distribution.

It would be one step towards easier setup for a practical vdr system. In
current state it is pretty cumbersome due to custom scripting need (and
large number of required essential potentially conflicting patches, I'm
not not speaking about eye candy) .

BR,
Seppo