[vdr] Showing aspect ratio or providing automatic widescreen switching signals

Stefan Lucke stefan at lucke.in-berlin.de
Tue Jul 19 11:27:03 CEST 2005

On Sonntag, 20. März 2005 23:56, Stefan Lucke wrote:
> On Sonntag, 20. März 2005 17:31, Mark Watson wrote:
> > I just got a widescreen TV and put VDR in 16:9 mode. However there is still a
> > lot of content still in 4:3 mode and it sometimes takes me a while to spot
> > the short/fat people and switch the TV! It would help to see the aspect on
> > the overlay when switching channels.
>
> Are you thinking of something like this (left to the teletext icon) ?
>
> http://www.lucke.in-berlin.de/vdr-aspect-info.png

I modified this a bit, so that stream width and hight is shown too.
This additional info is presented in channel and recording display.

http://www.lucke.in-berlin.de/vdr-stream-info.png

vdr patch is made for vdr-1.3.22, but applies to vdr-1.3.27 too
(with some offsets).

softdevice patch is for cvs version.

--
Stefan Lucke