[vdr] reading epg.data kills vdr-1.3.27

Harald Milz hm at seneca.muc.de
Wed Jul 20 07:38:16 CEST 2005

skiller2k1 <skiller2k1 at gmx.net> wrote:

> My epg.data is about 15MB, and VDR 1.3.27 works perfectly. Are you sure,
> that is the problem?

Technically speaking, I can't be sure because I did not strace vdr. But
this is exactly the point of time when vdr dies reproducibly. So,
phenomenologically speaking, yes. Even Olaf Titz had a similar problem
(See thread "EPG data growing without bounds" from earlier this month).

--
You have an unusual magnetic personality.  Don't walk too close to
metal objects which are not fastened down.