[vdr] reading epg.data kills vdr-1.3.27

Harald Milz hm at seneca.muc.de
Wed Jul 20 07:38:16 CEST 2005

skiller2k1 <skiller2k1 at gmx.net> wrote:

> My epg.data is about 15MB, and VDR 1.3.27 works perfectly. Are you sure,
> that is the problem?

Technically speaking, I can't be sure because I did not strace vdr. But
this is exactly the point of time when vdr dies reproducibly. So,
phenomenologically speaking, yes. Even Olaf Titz had a similar problem
(See thread "EPG data growing without bounds" from earlier this month).

You have an unusual magnetic personality.  Don't walk too close to
metal objects which are not fastened down.