[vdr] vdr-1.3.27 and UTF-8

Harald Milz hm at seneca.muc.de
Wed Jul 20 07:48:37 CEST 2005

Wolfgang Rohdewald <wolfgang at rohdewald.de> wrote:
> On Mittwoch 20 Juli 2005 00:00, Harald Milz wrote:
> > So at the end of the day, there's no way around a proper charset
> > conversion... is there anything I can do to help?

> Alexander Riedel announced UTF-8 Patch 0.0.3 on May 12 in this
> list.

Mmmm, yes, this patch is against 1.3.24, and applying it to 1.3.27 says,

seneca:/usr/local/src/vdr/VDR # patch -p0 --dry-run < ../vdr-utf8-0.0.3.patch-0001.bin
patch unexpectedly ends in middle of line
patch: **** Only garbage was found in the patch input.

It seems nobody cares about this functionality when it was against 1.3.24
and we're now working on 1.3.28. Will 1.3.28 be UTF-8 capable? Klaus,
please. I understand you get lots of patches solving only minor and local
problems but this is about international use of vdr and IMHO important
enough.

PS: It would be easier to avoid questions like mine (if you wanted to tell
me I should look up the archives) if the list archive were searchable. ;-)

--
If the code and the comments disagree, then both are probably wrong.
		-- Norm Schryer