[vdr] set system time without root priviledges

Patrick Cernko errror at errror.org
Wed Jul 20 09:40:13 CEST 2005

Ludwig Nussel wrote:
> Simon Baxter wrote:
>
>>I know this has been discussed in the past, but the threads have got
>>confused with Time Warp and all sorts.
>>
>>How can I let VDR set system time off a transponder (with stime()???)
>>without root priviledges?
>

> http://www.suse.de/~lnussel/vdr/vdr-1.3.27-su.diff

It's also a good idea to "modprobe capability" before starting vdr if
you have build this as a kernel module instead of builtin. In Debian a
"echo capability >> /etc/modules" will bring you to the save side! :-)

I had a 4 hours debugging sessing to find this solution! :-)

CU
--
Patrick Cernko | mailto:errror at errror.org | http://www.errror.org
Quote of the Week: "Please restart any running Firfoxes, or you will