[vdr] [ANNOUNCE] openmhp-0.0.1

Anssi Hannula anssi.hannula at gmail.com
Wed Jul 20 18:42:23 CEST 2005

Mikko Novaro wrote:
> Hi.
> I've released initial version of my OpenMHP plugin at
> http://users.utu.fi/miknov/vdr-openmhp/ .
> The installing is unfortunately cumbersome. It requires pieces of
> software not available as linux "standards", and for two of them
> you'll have to register before getting to the downloads.
> I've tested the plugin properly only with Xine plugin, and don't know
> how it'll work with e.g. full featured cards.

I've now tested the plugin with xine and full featured card. With FF
card (without mem mod) the maximum working size is 66% with 4 bit colors.

The background transparency doesn't work in YLE xlets (even in xine), I
get just gray background. However, the transparency of demo xlets does
work. Is this expected (your former webpage showed screenshots of YLE
xlet transparency working)?

When using mhp-plugin (not openmhp), channel-switching in vdr becomes
extremely slow. Is the mhp-plugin doing something on channel-switches?
If yes, shouldn't it do the things in background after the channel is

Anssi Hannula