[vdr] reading epg.data kills vdr-1.3.27

Olaf Titz olaf at bigred.inka.de
Wed Jul 20 22:35:22 CEST 2005

> I think I've tried all EPG bugfix levels, to no avail.  Removing
> epg.data and restarting VDR appears to fix it.  And I don't think I've
> ever seen the off-by-one problems until VDR writes epg.data to disk some
> time after a "fresh" restart.  Anyone seeing similar effects?

I'm seeing this occasionally. I think this has something to do with
short-term programming changes - perhaps the stations are not always
providing EPG data which properly overrides the old versions, or VDR
sometimes ignores the new version. The latter could be a VDR bug but
the former may be really hard to hunt down...

Olaf