[vdr] reading epg.data kills vdr-1.3.27

Olaf Titz olaf at bigred.inka.de
Wed Jul 20 22:32:57 CEST 2005

> Technically speaking, I can't be sure because I did not strace vdr. But
> this is exactly the point of time when vdr dies reproducibly. So,
> phenomenologically speaking, yes. Even Olaf Titz had a similar problem

...and fixed it(*), but I don't think by now that this is the same problem.

You can easily test for that one, however: look in the epg.data file for
repeated chunks of lines starting with X. A single event (E line)
should not be followed by several identical X lines.

Olaf

(*) http://www.linuxtv.org/pipermail/vdr/2005-July/003466.html