[vdr] Re: Reducing clutter in channels.conf

Joerg Knitter joerg.knitter at gmx.de
Thu Jul 21 11:26:33 CEST 2005

Stefan Huelswitt wrote:
> I vote for a mechanism with a touch timestamp (which is set when
> the channels if announced). Channels which are not touched for a
> certain time and are not used otherwise e.g. by a pending timer
> could be removed.

What if you have EPG scan enabled? Doesn´t the card touch all channels?

There has often been a discussion on how to determine channels that
don´t exist anymore, and I don´t have much idea about it. So I say sorry
for this basic question, but, what happens if a channels stops
transmission? Doesn´t it have no more audio and video PIDs transmitted?
So can´t I simply delete channels where the audio and video PID can´t be
determined anymore?

Jörg