[vdr] Re: Reducing clutter in channels.conf

Carsten Koch Carsten.Koch at icem.com
Thu Jul 21 17:31:01 CEST 2005

Stefan Huelswitt wrote:
> May be "touched" is a bit misleading. What I mean is "channels
> which aren't announced in SI data".

IIRC somebody mentioned in another posting that the SI data
are not always correct.
So I really believe that the only way to decide whether a channel
is transmitting useful audio and video data is to tune to it and
see if data are coming.
 From a user's standpoint, that's all that matters.

Unless the channel has a visible picture and audible sound,
it is of no use, no matter what the SI data says.
If it is of no use, I do not want it in my channels menu.

Carsten.