[vdr] VDR on mini-itx

Harald Milz hm at seneca.muc.de
Tue Jul 26 08:10:26 CEST 2005

Niko Mikkila <nm at phnet.fi> wrote:

> Since european HDTV transmissions will be based on MPEG4 AVC, I wouldn't base
> my CPU choice on HDTV playback capabilities. H.264 decoding at 1920x1080 seems
> to require a very fast dual core processor or two single-core ones. So in any case

Good hint! From your perspective, is there anything on the horizon that is
capable of doing this and save some energy? Would an Athlon64 X2 3800+
running with cool'n'quiet be a proper choice? This seems cheaper than a
dual CPU mainboard...

Ooops - my poor little Epia5000... guess it's going to be converted to a
thin client then.

--
"About the time we think we can make ends meet, somebody moves the
ends."