[vdr] LCD panel with Ethernet port?

Simon Baxter linuxtv at nzbaxters.com
Tue Jul 26 14:45:42 CEST 2005

Does anyone know of a (cheap?) LCD panel with a built in mpeg (etc) decoder,
that can sit on a LAN and receive unicast or multicast video streams?

The idea would be to stream video from a single location to multiple video
endpoints.  Rather than use an expensive full blown PC, I'm looking for an
addressible LAN attached video display.

I've looked at polycom and touch-panels, but they have too many features
(and the price to match).

As VDR can demux all channels from the same transponder, I'd like to stream
each (encoded) channel to a different display unit.  But don't want a
dedicated PC.

any ideas?