[vdr] Problem with streamdev-cvs and subtitles - workaround

Anssi Hannula anssi.hannula at gmail.com
Thu Jul 28 18:05:15 CEST 2005

Anssi Hannula wrote:
> Hi!
>
> Is anyone using subtitles (with subtitles-plugin) successfully in a
> streamdev-cvs client?
>
> When I switch to any channel (subtitles or not), the video may stay
> black, and jnettop confirms that no data is sent to the client. Same
> thing happens with either dxr3 or xine as client's frontend. The client
> is is running in the same host as the server. I suspect some race
> condition in the plugin.

I managed to work around this problem with the attached patch
(Apparently CmdTUNE deletes and recreates m_LiveStreamer, but nobody
starts it again). I don't know if the patch has any side effects. Maybe
streamdev's maintainer can see what's the problem and make a proper fix.

The debuglogs are in the original message.

--
Anssi Hannula