[vdr] Remote control with --rcu

Tom A 808131 at gmail.com
Fri Jun 3 00:26:49 CEST 2005

Hi!

I've been using vdr for a while with the remote plugin listening on a
TCP port. Now that I want to make my PVR usable for people other than
myself I have been trying to fix up my irda adapter.

The adapter I am using is one which plugs in to the motherboard and I
have all the kernel modules built and can see it working by using
minicom on /dev/ttyS1.

When I start vdr with --rcu=/dev/ttyS1 it doesn't go in to learning
mode so I assume it's not working. (The remote.conf has been deleted!)

Does anyone else use a similar setup? I'd prefer to avoid lirc if
possible but am open to other solutions.

I'm using 1.3.24 (-2.ds - thanks Darren!) and am trying to start vdr with...

vdr  --rcu=/dev/ttyS1 '-Pxine'

Thanks.

Tom