[vdr] VDR crash with DirectFB+softdevice in a Nova-t

Stefan Lucke stefan at lucke.in-berlin.de
Fri Jun 3 09:22:13 CEST 2005

Quoting Rose M :

>  --- Stefan Lucke <stefan at lucke.in-berlin.de> wrote:
> >
> > Can you set a reasonable resolution in your
> > /etc/directfbrc ?
> > Something like:
> > mode  = 1280x1024
>
> Sorry, this /etc/directfbrc is a directfb generated
> file?

No

> Cause I don't have it. May I create it?

Yes

> I've read in the man page that it could be supplied
> with line commands in applications? How could I do
> this?

This mode of passing commandline arguments in DirectFB style, is not supported
by softdevice.

> Is it the same configure /etc/directfbrc that boot the
> system with including this in grub.conf file
> (xres:1280,yres:1024,bpp:16,accel,mtrr)?

Thats total different from /etc/directfbrc.
Have a look at the softdevice homepage http://softdevice.berlios.de/ .
There are some examples.
By default (no directfbrc file) directfb takes the first mode defined
in your /etc/fb.modes .

Stefan Lucke