[vdr] readable format under OSX/Win ?

Grégoire Favre gregoire.favre at gmail.com
Sun Jun 5 15:18:33 CEST 2005

On Sun, Jun 05, 2005 at 03:53:52PM +0300, Jukka Tastula wrote:

> I can't see how there could be anything to improve. vdrsync.pl just demuxes
> the streams and uses tcmplex to create a (very much standard format, been
> around for over 10 years) mpeg2 program stream. If quicktime can't play
> mpeg2 program streams then there's nothing you can do about that except
> maybe send feature request to apple.

I am not a great quicktime fan, I just have to "work" with it...
I won't start a war here : I am only interested if someone know how to
do a very basic conversion (for example, there is no standard mpeg2
files, if you create them with mplex, you could choose betweem format 3,8
and 9... maybe I should play with those options ?)

> > One year ago I tried that way, and lots of the conversed mpeg2 files
> > weren't playable by quicktime.
>
> You mean to say some of them were playable? Sure those weren't some other
> format?

You are totaly right : they were of different formats :-)
Sorry for the wrong info.
--
	Grégoire Favre