[vdr] Ghost channels?

Klaus Schmidinger Klaus.Schmidinger at cadsoft.de
Sun Jun 5 15:54:10 CEST 2005

Luca Olivetti wrote:
> Rainer Zocholl wrote:
>
>> Hello
>>
>> for a while (1.3.18?) i see channels in the channel list which can't
>> exist. For example Source:"C" but i don't have DVB-C, only DVB-S and -T.
>

> Maybe related, maybe not, but I'd like to know if the data vdr uses to
> update channels has the source in it or vdr uses the source of whatever
> channel it has tuned.
> I'm asking because, even if I disable the autoupdate while the dish is
> moving (Setup.UpdateChannels=0), sometimes I end up with channels in
> channels.conf with the wrong satellite.

When detecting new transponders (in VDR/nit.c), the source is determined
from the NIT data, as in

   int Source = cSource::FromData(cSource::stSat, BCD2INT(sd->getOrbitalPosition()), sd->getWestEastFlag());

When detecting new channels (in VDR/sdt.c), it uses the source it is
currently tuned to, since I don't think that this information is
contained in the SDT data.

But as long as you have set Setup.UpdateChannels = 0 nothing should be
updated at all.

Klaus