[vdr] Ghost channels?

Luca Olivetti luca at ventoso.org
Sun Jun 5 16:20:49 CEST 2005

Klaus Schmidinger wrote:

> But as long as you have set Setup.UpdateChannels = 0 nothing should be
> updated at all.

When the dish has reached its target I will revert Setup.UpdateChannels
to the original value. Maybe vdr is using some leftover data picked up
while the dish was moving? Or maybe vdr picks up the data *before* I had
the time to set UpdateChannels to 0 (which is done in
cStatus::ChannelSwitch)?
Anyway all of this will be history when you'll find time to look at
issues with steerable dishes (as you promised ;-) )

As a side note: how do a standard STB cope with all the crap that the
broadcasters are transmitting? I'm trying to clean-up my channels.conf
and I'm frustrated, since there are channels that a channel scan won't
find, while there are channels that are found but aren't there, not to
mention channels that have gratuitously changed the channel id so
they'll get a new entry for the same channel.

Bye