[vdr] Dead lock in VDR/EPG scan

Rainer Zocholl UseNet-Posting-Nospam-74308- at zocki.toppoint.de
Mon Jun 6 21:11:00 CEST 2005

Sergei.Haller at math.uni-giessen.de(Sergei Haller)  06.06.05 20:21

Once upon a time "Sergei Haller " shaped the electrons to say...

>On Mon, 6 Jun 2005, Rainer Zocholl (RZ) wrote:

RZ>>>Besides, if you want to start an EPG scan you can
RZ>>>select "Scan" from the Setup/EPG menu at any time.
RZ>>
RZ>> I would not expect such a function under "Setup", more under
RZ>> "Commands"- but anyway:
RZ>> Under "Setup/EPG": I have only a line named
RZ>> "EPG scan timeout(h):   0"
RZ>> "EPG bugfis level: 2
RZ>> "EPG linger time(min): 90"
RZ>> "Set Systemtime: yes"
RZ>> "Use time...
RZ>> But no "EPG scan now!"

>Red button

Outsch.
I really did not expect such a command function
in that menu, and what should tell the word "scan" alone?
It's time for a online help key ;-) (No, i don't have the time)
Maybe someone can scan in the "keyfunction table" and
make a still video of it?

And:
When i press red button, simply all menue closes-
nothing is reported to the user.
Syslog does not show "EPG scan start".
I set the scan timeout to 1h. but that does not help.