[vdr] Firmware 0x261e

karim kafifi at easyconnect.fr
Mon Jun 6 22:49:38 CEST 2005

Hi List,

I've tested the 0x261e firmware on my vdrbox :

Firmware http://www.suse.de/~werner/test_av.tar.bz2
Kernel 2.6.11 (MDK 10.1)
Driver CVS from 05/03/2005
2 x FF's dvb (Nexus)
vdr-1.3.25

Now, when I view a record, I can change from "pause" to "play" as many times
I want, without losing AV sync anymore.

Thanks a lot for this great improvement !

Unfortunately, there is still a bug when using dvb digital output, which
isn't solved yet. When I edit a record, my hc amplifier is taking down,
sending "white noise" to the loudspeakers. This appears only a few
time after I've jumped from a mark to another, in pause mode.
Normal sound return OK when I return in play mode. Note the
problem NEVER happen when changing from play > pause or
pause > play, but ONLY when I use "jump" function.

Since I am note an expert, I don't know if this problem must be fixed in
vdr, driver or firmware. Do you have any idea on how this could be solved ?

Cheers.
Karim