[vdr] Dead lock in VDR/EPG scan

Luca Olivetti luca at ventoso.org
Mon Jun 6 23:40:47 CEST 2005

Klaus Schmidinger wrote:

> Hmm, it's the EPG setup menu, and there's a command button that says
> "Scan"... What might that scan? The transponders? The channels?
> The user's iris? The bar code on your forehead?

I always wondered what that button really did, because I cannot see is
doing anything here (and I'm almost glad it doesn't since random
satellite hopping[*] isn't really great).
Maybe it's not supposed to work with a budget card playing through
softdevice/xine/dxr3 ?

[*] that's what I get when I setup epg scan timeout != 0 and I'm playing
a recording.

Bye