[vdr] Dead lock in VDR/EPG scan

Joerg Knitter joerg.knitter at gmx.de
Tue Jun 7 11:56:44 CEST 2005

Klaus Schmidinger wrote:
> This function is mainly for single card systems.
> In multiple card systems the EPG scan is always active when
> there has been no user activity for some 60 seconds. The "Scan"
> button then simply cuts that timeout short. There is no need for
> an explicit message because the primary card is not switched
> to a different channel.

Hi,

I tested this function some time ago (already VDR 1.3.x) on a single
card system but nothing happened - the current channel continued being
displayed, so EPG scan simply did not seem to work.
Anybody out there who can confirm that this function really works? I
have a multi-card system for a long time now so I can´t test it myself,
but I am interested asking for some people that I infected with the VDR
virus :-)

With kind regards

Joerg