[vdr] Pace sat-receiver remotes

Rene Hertell linuxtv at hertell.com
Tue Jun 7 17:10:43 CEST 2005

Nicolas Huillard wrote:
> Anssi Hannula a écrit :
>
>> Rene Hertell wrote:
>>
>>> I have an old Pace MSS series remote laying around from the days when
>>> analog satellite receivers and videocrypt were young and beautiful.
>>>
>>> The remote has quite many nice buttons, and I thought that it would
>>> be really nice to use it for VDR. My problem is that VDR (through
>>> lirc) does not recognise any of the buttons when I want to learn VDR
>>> this remote. When using the commandline tool that displays the key
>>> codes (don't remember the name of it, maybe mm-something??), I'll get
>>> an output on all keys.
>>>

>> You mean irrecord, right? Or is there some other program with which
>> you can test unconfigured remotes?
>

> irw (for configured/partially configured remote) ?

Yes, i think that was the name of the program.. I can't check it until
tomorrow evening...

My main concern was that VDR does not accept any button from the Pace
remote when in learning-mode... All other remotes do work (Denon, Sony,
Salora, Panasonic..)..

Could it be some kind of sequences that get stuck?

René