em86xx based "dxr6" hdtv output hardware card (was: RE: [vdr] vdr and YUV output)

Anssi Hannula anssi.hannula at gmail.com
Tue Jun 7 17:46:17 CEST 2005

Weinberger, Andreas (EBV) wrote:
> hi,
>

>>This card is based on a sigma design chipset. Will there be
>>open source drivers available?
>

> ftp://66.15.209.17/EM8621L/ - there you will find the drivers;
> in all the sample files sigma has no gpl license used - so i'm
> not sure what the correct license is. the kernel module (em8xxx.o)
> loads as tainted/non-gpl. the vdr plugin will be opensource of
> course.

<clip>
/*****************************************
  Copyright © 2001-2003
  Sigma Designs, Inc. All Rights Reserved
  Proprietary and Confidential
</clip>

Well, they appear to provide complete sources but that copyright notice
doesn't unfortunately look too good :(

But, OTOH, I use proprietary nvidia drivers too.

--
Anssi Hannula