[vdr] Request: Change Dolby Digital handling

Sergei Haller Sergei.Haller at math.uni-giessen.de
Fri Jun 10 17:19:43 CEST 2005

On Fri, 10 Jun 2005, Anssi Hannula (AH) wrote:

AH> I would also like to be able to record DD streams. But if I enable the
AH> useDolbyDigital, the VDR might try to use DD for playing also and I do not
AH> have the DD equipment. Yes, I could change the audio stream with the audio
AH> button, but I don't like that I would have to change audio of every channel.

you don't have to do that. Once you choose to a non-DD audio stream, VDR
remembers that setting for all channels. and will not automatically select
DD. (except you have a channel, which has _only_ DD)

Oh, and don't forget that you can select preferred tracks in the setup
menu.

AH> Also, when the DVD plugin implements correct "useDolbyDigital" usage
AH> (correct me if I'm wrong, but that means to offer the audio tracks in the
AH> VDR Audio menu), I would have to switch every DVD to non-DD track also.

same as VDR: the last choosen track should be remembered globally.

AH> I'd like a separate option for playing and recording.

since this question seems to be asked _very_frequently_, maybe having two
separete options:

   "Record DD" and "Offer DD in the Audio Menu"

would make it more clear to the user and stop this questions. ;-)

Klaus?

        Sergei