[vdr] Autostarting xine

Darren Salt linux at youmustbejoking.demon.co.uk
Fri Jun 10 21:51:10 CEST 2005

I demand that Simon Baxter may or may not have written...

>> I demand that Simon Baxter may or may not have written...
>>> I want to do 2 things with VDR.

>>> 1) Autostart Xine pointing to the VDR MRL when user 'vdruser' logs in
>>>         Can anyone tell me what command line I should use, and where I
>>> should put it?  I tried putting 'xine -L --fullscreen --geometry 720x576
>>> --borderless --hide-gui --no-logo --no-splash
>>> vdr://tmp/vdr-xine/stream#demux:mpeg_pes'   as follows :

>>> [vdruser at media ~]$ less ~/.gnome2/session-manual
>> [snip]

>> I'd append '&' and put it in ~vdruser/.Xsession.

That's assuming that your default/preferred WM is launched from there.
Otherwise, if it's the last thing to be run from that file, use exec and
don't background it.

> I don't have a file/directory .Xsession ??

> what creates that??

An action on the part of the user. ;-)

--
| Darren Salt | nr. Ashington, | d youmustbejoking,demon,co,uk
| Debian,     | Northumberland | s zap,tartarus,org
| RISC OS     | Toon Army      | @
|   Retrocomputing: a PC card in a Risc PC

CD-ROM: Compatible? Doesn't Run On Mine