[vdr] Low volume on Pro7 ?

Harald Milz hm at seneca.muc.de
Sat Jun 11 15:54:21 CEST 2005

Rainer Zocholl <UseNet-Posting-Nospam-74308- at zocki.toppoint.de> wrote:

> Or is it done by (stupid) intention to "emphesis" the commerical
> break, to wakeup the already sleeping viewers?

Honni soit ... but I am afraid this is exactly the point.

> As the commecial are not always ac3(are they at all?), the

Well thtey could start to use AC3 if they wanted so this could easily be
circumvented.

> Add-dropping software would be lucky to have such an exact signal to detect
> "commericals" ends and beginns!

Do we have any chance to evaluate this value within VDR, or is the AC3
stream sent to the SPDIF out directly within the AV7110 chip? Werner, _you_
are the firmware guru, what do you think?

> The absoulte Value does not matter. The point was that even 90dB would
> hard to use in normal home environment, or are you able to turn your
> heart beat (reversibel) off to reduce the ground noise?

Or stop breathing (~ 10 dBA) ;-)

> Sorry, i don't think that you will have fun with such a
> dynamic range in the long term. Be cautious! (Have a look
> for "Tinitus" etc. in the Web).

Nothing to add here. (good grief).

--
Good day to avoid cops.  Crawl to school.