[vdr] How to use nvram wakeup with vdr?

Simon Baxter linuxtv at nzbaxters.com
Sun Jun 12 09:20:09 CEST 2005

I have the same question - can't find the answer.

I have nvram-wakeup working manually but want to use the VDR timers to set
it.  How do you do this?

It looks like the timer value set in timers.conf  is not std Unix time, but
some other number.

I'm not so worried about shutdown at the moment.  This doesn't look
difficult - just need to define the parameters allowing an automatic
shutdown.  But I do want to automate powering on for the 'next' timer.

Do I need to write a script that will pull the 'next' timer out of
timers.conf, and 'nvram-wakeup -s'  it?