[vdr] Mailing List Etiquette

Darren Salt linux at youmustbejoking.demon.co.uk
Sun Jun 12 19:01:29 CEST 2005

I demand that Clemens Kirchgatterer may or may not have written...

> This is the 'official' vdr-mailing-list-etiquette-reminder. Please take
> this as a serious advise. [...]

s/advise/advice/ - noun, not verb :-)

> E-mail formatting

> DO
> --
> * Trim quoted material to the minimum needed to clarify what you're
>   talking about.
> * Add a blank line _before_ and _after_ each quote for better
>   readability.

Blank lines between each bullet point may help...

[snip]
> * Start a new thread when posting a new subject.

I think that this needs a little clarification - something like "make sure
that you're not responding to an existing posting" and that just changing the
subject header and deleting any quoted text is NOT enough because the
message's headers will still contain references to other messages.

I also wonder whether it would be worth pairing related "do"s and "don't"s...

[snip]
| Debian,     | s zap,tartarus,org            | Northumberland
| RISC OS     | @                             | Toon Army
|   I don't ask for much, just untold riches...

No it isn't!