[vdr] [ANNOUNCE] vdr 1.3 SUSE RPMs

Carsten Koch Carsten.Koch at icem.com
Fri Jun 17 10:52:27 CEST 2005

Ludwig Nussel wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've built RPM packages for 1.3.26. Video directory and epg file
> location is the same as in the 1.2.6 packages, config files are in
> /etc/vdr13 instead of /etc/vdr. So you can safely install 1.3 in
> parallel to the 1.2.6 packages. vdr contains minimal patches. the su
> patch, the patch to use a broadcast variable instead of sleep in
> cDvbPlayer and pagedown.diff from Udo Richter. I also removed the
> check for NPTL and vdr does run with NPTL if available.

I absolutely cannot use VDR without the SourceCaps patch, since I
have 3 DVB-S cards connected to 2 different dishes.

I also kind of like my own "delete_resume" patch which dramatically
reduces the number of redundant resume.vdr files. See my posting
from March 3rd, 2005. Of course, that patch is just "nice to have",
not "cannot live without it".

I guess there will be many people who require one or another patch
before they can use vdr.

Any ideas?

Carsten.