[vdr] How to change the resolution?

Jukka Tastula jukka.tastula at kotinet.com
Mon Jun 20 00:32:40 CEST 2005

On Monday 20 June 2005 01:16, Norm Dressler wrote:
> Ok -- does it sound like I"m on the right track though?  NTSC (29fps - I
> did find a patch for the fps)  544x480 and I get messed up video that
> looks like horz or vert sync is way off.

Yes, if your dvd player does not support a resolution like that then you
will have to re-encode it to a standard resolution like 640x480 or
720x480. You will need an mpeg2 encoder for this job.

> I'm simply making a single movie on a dvd -- no menu or anything.  It
> works in all my computers, my kid's cheap dvd but not my home theatre.

Have a look at http://mightylegends.zapto.org/dvd/dvdauthor_howto.php for
all your dvd authoring needs. It amounts to quite a bit of work in the end
but it's the only way other than getting a player that supports
non-standard resolutions. You'll have so much fun with interlacing you
didn't think it was possible before :)