[vdr] boot times

Simon Baxter linuxtv at nzbaxters.com
Mon Jun 20 17:19:46 CEST 2005

I see on the WIKI people have posted boot times, as low as 15 seconds.

My boot time is terrible - haven't timed it, but would imagine it has to be
180 seconds plus.

I am still running udev (FC3), which seems to take a large amount of time.
I'm sure I could probably strip out some of the other processes (like the
NTP sync - why is that run at start up!!  Surely it should happen in
parallel, not sequentially)

Has anyone done a strip-down checklist of the things that must and must not
be started?  Any tuning recommendations?