[vdr] mp3/mplayer plugin with xineplayer

Simon Baxter linuxtv at nzbaxters.com
Tue Jun 21 12:41:25 CEST 2005

I'm using the mp3/mplayer plugin to play .avi clips though VDR, with
'mplayer.sh' modified to call xineplayer (as I'm already using vdr-xine as a
soft device)

What I want to be able to do is PAUSE, FF and RW the clips - and even maybe
MARK (so when I play the clip again, it starts where I left off).

How can I do this?

At the moment, all I can do is start playing and stop playing - no other
controls at all.  I understand if I use the plugin with MPLAYER (in slave
mode) I could do this, but I want to do it with XINEPLAYER.

any ideas?