[vdr] [ANNOUNCE] vdr 1.3 SUSE RPMs

M. Fiegert ml11 at trigfee.de
Wed Jun 22 11:06:34 CEST 2005

Ok, here the current status: every works fine.

 > The dvb support in YaST is probably only useful for basic setups
 > with one card. Take a look at
 > /usr/share/doc/packages/dvb/README.SuSE and create hwcfg-static
 > files manually or put the modules in DVB_LOAD_MODULES
 > (/etc/sysconfig/dvb). This way you can also ensure a load order so
 > your Nova won't suddenly become the primary card.

Ok, this was easy and works good (two hwcft-static files). Thanks!

 >> This morning I had a black TV screen. I got back vdr only after kill -9
 >> vdr13.  I will look into this more detailed also today evening. I
did not see

 >Does your vdr run 24/7?

yes it does.
The partly frozen vdr (it still gave messages about events in the log,
but the UI was frozen, the screen black) appeard at least twice a day.
When I switched to one channel, I got the same problem, UI froze at once
(channel info stayed there for 25min).
So I disabled all automatic channel info collection, stripped down the
channel info to what I really watch.
Now vdr is running for 2 days without problem.

Michael