[vdr] How to debug a vdr segfault?

Darren Salt linux at youmustbejoking.demon.co.uk
Fri Jun 24 18:33:11 CEST 2005

I demand that Hanno Mueller may or may not have written...

> Andreas Brachold schrieb:
[snip]
>> It's very usefull to compile vdr additional debug informations.

>> #Make.config
>> CFLAGS += -g -ggdb -O0
>> CXXFLAGS += -g -ggdb -O0
>> LDFLAGS += -g -ggdb -O0

> I'm using the c't vdr binary packages from e-tobi.net. I'll see if I can
> compile my own from their sources.

  $ sudo apt-get build-dep vdr
  $ apt-get source vdr
  $ cd vdr-1.*
  $ DEB_BUILD_OPTIONS='debug nostrip' debuild binary

(You may need to use 'noopt' instead of 'debug' - check debian/rules first.)

[snip]
--
| Darren Salt | nr. Ashington, | d youmustbejoking,demon,co,uk
| Debian,     | Northumberland | s zap,tartarus,org
| RISC OS     | Toon Army      | @
|   We've got Shearer, you haven't

Congratulations! You are the 16,777,216th user to login to our system.