[vdr] boot times (suspend2)

Patrick Boettcher patrick.boettcher at desy.de
Sat Jun 25 00:24:32 CEST 2005

Hi,

I think this mail is off-thread, but I lost track on the way. Sorry for
that.

Anyway: Within this thread a solution based on software-suspend2 was
mentioned. I tried it and I'm quite surprised: it works!

I'm using 2.6.12 with dvb-kernel CVS + the patchset from suspend2.net +
hibernate from debian. Some usb-driver-quirks were necessary and now my
system is up and running within 20 seconds, which is quite enough for me
(as fast as the old dbox1, afair).

I'm using vdr with softdevice via a Matrox G550 and 2 budget devices.

Thanks for mentioning suspend2, thanks for the good work on VDR and
especially the soft-device-plugin.

Patrick.

   Mail: patrick.boettcher at desy.de