[vdr] Using VDR with more than one DVB card?

Gavin Hamill gdh at acentral.co.uk
Sat Jun 25 17:07:51 CEST 2005

On Sat, Jun 25, 2005 at 01:00:35PM +0200, Erik Tjernlund wrote:
> I've been using VDR for a long time with one DVB-C card. Now I've added
> a second, identical card (Technotrend DVB-C 2.1).
>
> I get a picture, but it's of very low quality and breaking up all the
> time. Do I have to do something special to get this setup to work
> properly? Suggestions?

This might sound insane, but please try it because it does work.

Try shining a torch on the DVB-C card - you should almost instantly see
a boost in picture quality - it works for me... torch on card =
watchable signal.. no torch = breakups, loads of UNCs...

I know people who have mounted lights inside their PC not for any
decorative or ricer effect, but because it actually /does/ increase the
efficiency of the frontend / tuner :)

Cheers,
Gavin.