[vdr] Segmentation fault with image plugin

Andreas Brachold ml05 at deltab.de
Sat Jun 25 18:42:55 CEST 2005

Hi,

Am Samstag, den 25.06.2005, 09:48 +0000 schrieb Guy Roussin:
> I try to debug a segmentation fault with the image plugin.
> There is some tips to debug this segmentation fault ?

You could generate a stack backtrace from coredump, with ulimit and gdb.
With this stack backtrace should we able locate source of the
segmentation fault.

Look here for a gdb mini intro : http://linux.bytesex.org/gdb.html

Please include debugging symbols to your vdr, before a coredump will
reproduced. Also a matter of particular interest a content of all
variables at crashed point.

I have posted similar mail here :
http://www.linuxtv.org/pipermail/vdr/2005-June/003203.html

Cu,