[vdr] EPG on Travelchannel

Rainer Zocholl UseNet-Posting-Nospam-74308- at zocki.toppoint.de
Mon Jun 27 01:04:00 CEST 2005

luca at ventoso.org(Luca Olivetti)  26.06.05 18:00

>Tobias Grimm wrote:
>> Hi!
>>
>> With vdr 1.3.27 Travelchannel behaves a little bit strange. Each
>> time I tune to this channel, the CA becomes 3331 and the channel
>> becomes unavailable. Is there anything I can do about it besides
>> disabling channel updates globally?

>Disable the check for the availability of a suitable cam.
>In dvbdevice.c, change the method cDvbDevice::ProvidesCa to return
>always true. Of course this will mean you will be able to select
>channels that you cannot see, but it will also allow to select
>channels that advertise themselves as encrypted while they really
>aren't. I asked for this to be made configurable a while ago due to a
>similar problem.

I second that it should be possible to view encrypted channels
while they are not crypted. If they are not decryptable the
recording should stop and wait. Currenlty VDR run's into panic
restarts and breaks all over recording too.

But pay attention to HDTV channels which are currrently only blocked by
an "impossible" CA value in channels.conf IIRC.

Rainer---<=====>                         Vertraulich
             //
           //