[vdr] LIRC and /dev/input/event2 together

Darren Salt linux at youmustbejoking.demon.co.uk
Wed Jun 29 21:04:15 CEST 2005

I demand that Simon Baxter may or may not have written...

> Can I use /dev/input/event2 with LIRC?

Yes. In /etc/lirc/hardware.conf:
  DRIVER="dev/input"
  DEVICE="dev/input/event2"
  MODULES=""

[snip]
> I guess I'm asking, can LIRC and the remote plugin work simultaneously?

Potentially, yes, but there appears to be some O_EXCL usage going on. (And
you'd need to be careful of them both doing something with any given
keypress.)

[snip]
--
| Darren Salt | nr. Ashington, | d youmustbejoking,demon,co,uk
| Debian,     | Northumberland | s zap,tartarus,org
| RISC OS     | Toon Army      | @
|   You too can roll your own kernel...

Two heads are better than one.