[vdr] vdrburn and chapters

Peter Juszack vdr at unterbrecher.de
Thu Jun 30 19:38:02 CEST 2005

Hi list,

    when recently recording and burning some music programs via VDR and the burn plugin I wondered if it would be possible to interprete remaining recording marks as DVD chapters.
I tried an extended version of the plugin which I found somewhere in the vdr-portal. As far as I could see chapters are neither supported nor in plan.
Because it did not work at all I switched back to the original version and played a little bit today.

After reading the dvdauthor manpage I recognized that I do not need titles (tracks) but chapters to have song-skipping functionality in a consumer DVD player. I then saw that it is done relativly easy in the XML configuration and modified the burn plugin sources.
I tested this with a Tom Petty concert at deleted the cutting marks and placed new marks before every song. To my surprise all modifications worked correctly and I have chapters on the DVD and can skip between songs.
If someone is interested in this feature I could create a patch. Maybe the feature can be integrated into the plugin but a bit more testing ist required I think

Best regards

Peter

http://turku.wi-bw.tfh-wildau.de/~pjuszack/digicam - the digicam plugin
http://wwww.unterbrecher.de - mz motorcycles