[vdr] mplayer.sh and AID 0

Juri Haberland list-linux.vdr at koschikode.com
Thu Jun 30 21:52:11 CEST 2005

Stefan Huelswitt <s.huelswitt at gmx.de> wrote:
> On 29 Jun 2005 Juri Haberland <list-linux.vdr at koschikode.com> wrote:
>
>> Yeah, I haven't implemented this yet and I might not do this in the
>> future as mplayer now seems to be able to switch audio on the fly - this
>> just needs to be supported by the mplayer-plugin (hint, hint!).
>
> What is the "slave" command to switch the AID?

switch_audio

> Is there a slave command to list all available AID's?

no, switch_audio just cycles through all available audio tracks

> Is there a way to detect on-the-fly if the running mplayer
> supports AID changes?

Not that I know of, but older versions seem to ignore switch_audio.

The only way to determin the slave commands understood is to call
mplayer with '-input cmdlist'.

Cheers,
    Juri

PS: yes, I'll support the aid stuff in the next release, though I'm not
happy with it.