[vdr] hardware recommendations?

Tony Houghton h at realh.co.uk
Tue Mar 1 14:27:06 CET 2005

In <E1D651K-000OYp-7o at ptb-spamcore02.plus.net>, Grégoire Favre wrote:

> On Tue, Mar 01, 2005 at 08:09:35AM +0100, tony wrote:
>
> What's about dead pixel ?
>
> Does any producer offer a 0 dead pixel waranty and for how long ?
>
> One dead pixel and for me a TFT is not worth anything...

There's a UK dealer (Aria IIRC) offering a dead pixel check for an extra
£15. If it's working when they sell it, then it should stay working
AFAIK; I don't think LCDs deteriorate pixel by pixel. Everything should
be at least as reliable as a CRT except for the backlight.

Both of mine have one dead pixel each near the edges, and it isn't a
problem for me. They still look just as good as when they were new.

--
TH * http://www.realh.co.uk