[vdr] unknown picture type?

Stephan Loescher loescher at gmx.de
Tue Mar 1 20:58:06 CET 2005

Rainer Zocholl <UseNet-Posting-Nospam-74308- at zocki.toppoint.de> writes:

Hi!

> >femon-plugin shows this values:
> >STR: 67%
> >SNR: 88%
> >BER: 0
> >UNC: 0
> >Are this bad values? (I don't think so.)
>
> i have 68% and 75% on ARD. 70/70 on ZDF 67/82 on 1+
> 66/83 on Kabel1
> BER= 0 means that the signal is sufficient.
> I do not realise UPT errors...

So my UPT errors are probably not caused by the singal?

> The levels are not realy good (i'm sitting at teh end of a much
> too long wire and need an inline amplfier.)

Do you think that 88% are not good, too?
What values are good?

(I thought my installation was "perfect": quad-LNB with an
8-fold-multiswitch and the cables to the vdr-box are about 6 meters long.)

> >What is the reason for the "unknown picture type"?
>
> VDR is "out of sync" when trying to interpret the data AFAIK.

What causes the "out of sync" condition?

Stephan.

loescher at gmx.de
http://www.loescher-online.de/
Try LEO: http://www.leo.org/