[vdr] EPIA SP + budget hardware mpeg2/4 acceleration?

Leo Márquez leo at calidae.net
Wed Mar 2 13:18:09 CET 2005

Hi all!

I'm thinking to buy a EPIA SP (when it's be available) to work with VDR.
My question is if VDR can use EPIA SP mpeg2 and mpeg4 accelerator that
provides the CN400 chipset that comes with EPIA SP or I have to wait
someone to develope a VDR plugins and linux drivers for CN400 chipset (I
think it's inlcuded in 2.6 kernels).
I want to use a budget card and save some money but I don't want use
softdevice because EPIA SP provide the CN400 with this functionality.
I hope you understand my explanations. Sorry about my english.

Leo.